Monday, May 4, 2009

Art history major/ art schools?

Does anybody have any advice on art schools? I paint as a hobby, but I want to have a career in art history more than anything. I'd like to work in a museum. I have been reading art history books for years and I work hard at school. I am only a freshman at a regular liberal arts school and it's not my kind of place. I want to go to the Savannah College of Art and Design, but it's so expensive, so it will have to wait until I'm ready for my masters. Does anyone have any info on good ways to work your way up to a high level job like a curator or museum director? I won't settle for a job outside the arts. So what are musuems looking for, for hires?

Art history major/ art schools?
Go to a museum and ask. That's the best way. Art colleges are private institutes so they will all cost a lot of money. You can always go to a state college. They tend to have art history programs and degrees. They should be just as good especially for larger universities.





1) Go to a museum and ask about careers and requirements


2) Go to large state university to get degree in your interest


3) Work internship while attending university


4) Get job after finishing your degree


No comments:

Post a Comment