Monday, May 4, 2009

Art Therapist?

I'm going to college to do A-levels in Combined English, Psychology, Photography and Religion this September. When I'm older, I know I either want to be an Art Therapist, Psychologist or Photographer.





I'm leaning more towards the Art Therapist, and I've done a lot of research, but I still don't understand properly. I understand that you need to complete a postgraduate diploma or Masters approved by the British Association of Art Therapists.





After my A-levels, do I need to do an undergraduate course in an Art or Psychology subject, and then a postgraduate course in Art Therapy? I've read that you must have a degree in an Art related subject, does that mean I'd have to do Art after my A-levels, and not Psychology? Would a degree in Photography be accepted?





I suppose I don't understand the difference between undergraduate and postgraduate either. Do you get a degree on a undergraduate course, or just a postgraduate?





Sorry if this makes no sense, I'm all confused.

Art Therapist?
Hi, I too was going to go into Art Therapy but I changed to School Psychology.





Where do you live? If you live in the U.S., then you don't need to be approved by the British Association of Art Therapist. You need to be approved by the American Art Therapy Association. http://www.arttherapy.org/





Go here for more info:


http://www.arttherapy.org/pdf/2007educat...





Undergraduate is the first 4 years of college (Associate degree and Bachelor degree) and postgraduate is your graduate student years (Master's and PhD levels).


No comments:

Post a Comment