Friday, April 16, 2010

Art Center College of Design?

Would it be better for me to go to a university such as USC or UCI and then transfer to Art Center College of Design? I'd like to pursue a career in arts and would like to know as much as I can about every type of art; from photography to acting. Suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

Art Center College of Design?
If you're planning to transfer to Art Center, I wouldn't suggest you go to a university first. You will be in so much debt in the end you'll wish you never did that. The best option is to go to community college first then transfer. If you can check out Pasadena city college, it has a good art program.





If you want more of a general art education, I wouldn't suggest Art Center. Like most private art schools, they have their students focus on a particular form of art to study on, whether it be traditional art, computer graphics, illustration, etc. Because of this, I'm not sure if you'll be completely satisfied. Also, Art Center is more focused on the commercial aspect to art, even if you're majored in fine art.





But, if you're trying to save a bit of money because you're pursuing a career in the arts, I suggest you check out CSU Long beach. It has one of the largest art departments in the nation, and is very respectable in its visual and performing arts programs. I'll provide for you the link to their art department website. Hope that helps a bit. Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment