Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Art lessons?

What type of art lessons should I take if I want to become a tattoo artist? I already can copy art work done by other artists alright. I want to get art lessons so I would be a good tattoo artist. What kinds should I take?

Art lessons?
You should study color and design, perspective , and all forms of art. draw flowers and everything you can think of.


Good luck


my daughter has a degree in fine arts-painting, and is a tattoo artist.


Flavia
Reply:Just standard drawing classes will help you hone your skills.


Maybe take an anatomy class.


Keep drawing and make a portfolio of your best work.


Make copies of your portfolio!!!!!!!! I cannot stress that enough, It sucks more than anything to lose your only copy.


Take your portfolio around to local studios and see if they'll take you on as an apprentice.


Don't worry if you get turned down at first, it's really hard to get an apprenticeship, just keep looking and you'll find something eventually.





Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment