Monday, April 12, 2010

Art teacher or assistant. something with animation, fashion/wardrobe assistant designer how do i get this job?

Im 23 yrs old.





the 3 careers I've narrowed it down to for myself are :





1.assistant or art teacher at a school or place that has art classes/lessons


2.someone who assists sewing/fashion design for movies etc


3.something in animation





I'm so lost with college... what should I do? councilors don't seem to help me much. they think I'm indecisive..





how would i get any of these careers? I dont have much money. I still live at home so I have time to go to school.





I just feel so hopeless and confused because i dont know where to start at all :(





should i be an intern? Im very shy and I hate going to school. The only thing i really really enjoy is art. whats the fastest way i can get any of these jobs? lol

Art teacher or assistant. something with animation, fashion/wardrobe assistant designer how do i get this job?
I am in the same situation so I can understand your frustration. What I plan on doing is writing a list of the cons. and pros. of each profession and find out what really does it for me. Then I would go to any local sewing stores or look on the Internet to see if anyone is offering any classes that can help strengthen my skills. Or better yet take non-matriculated classes in schools that concentrate on these areas, see if I like it or not.


Start putting a portfolio together or at least a collage to help have an understanding what my taste is. And apply for jobs as an intern. But in order to survive in the fashion world you have to be very outgoing and extremely ambitious and be patient your 23, not 53 time is still on your side. Plus a dream is not built in one day, just little steps at a time, just don't stop trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment