Monday, November 16, 2009

Art School!?

Its never 2 early 2 start lukn 4 some Art Colleges/Universities right!?I've came across some of the top art schs. such as FIT, RISD and Academy of Art University n they r my 3 main picks,however I would like 2 hear from u guys n ur opinions on diff. Art schs.....n whether or not u would recommend going to 1 of the above listed schs.


Im so not exactly sure wat i want to major in which honestly kinda scares me with couple of high sch. years that i've left to decide


=(


but the whole concept of art n using ur creativity/visual ability/hands-on fascinate!!!!


Also wat course would u recomment taking in high sch. n outside of it?!


Thanks for the help in advance =)

Art School!?
FiT, yes, RISD, yes. AAU... well, I'd be hesitant to say "top school" for them. They have a decent illustration program though. What about other prestigious schools like California College of the Arts (cca.edu) or California Institute of the Arts (Calarts.edu). What you study really determines where you go. Visit the campuses. I don't know if it matters, but in my freshman year at CCA, there was only a small handful that was straight from high school, most people had another degree or was coming from a career.





Your post tells me nothing about yourself, your interests, your methodology, what research you've done -- I can't give you any kind of advice then. Yes, art school was fascinating in retrospect, but it was a tough 4 years. In addition to the creativity, there was a heaping dose of literature, math, and history.


No comments:

Post a Comment