Thursday, November 19, 2009

Art therapy?

I'm a highschool student currently thinking about careers I would like to pursue in the future. I recently read and article about art therapy and it seemed like an interesting field.





I am passionate about art and have a good level of interest in psycology so I am curious if this career could be right for me.





So...Does anyone know what kind of education one would need to become an art therapist? Major in psycology or visual art? Do I need a masters degree? Do tell.

Art therapy?
Probably a Master's in Psychology with a minor in art.
Reply:First it helps to know how to spell "psychology".





Minimum to be a counselor of any sort is a master's degree. Not sure if the hybrid thing would work but since some universities have actual degree programs (probably not bachelor's) in art therapy you could look into those. There is an american art therapy association that you'd probably have to become acredited with to practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment