Monday, November 16, 2009

Art there any ART THERAPIST in here?

I was wondering if any current Art Therapist could answer some of my question. I am currently studing art, but plan on studying art therapy soon. I was wondering if you have an suggestion to a student studying that feild. I have you found certain techniques to work better then others? Do you express your emotions the same way trough art? What should I be doing to get ready?

Art there any ART THERAPIST in here?
If you someday want to do Art Therapy, then you really need to get at least a Masters degree in Counseling as well so that you can charge insurance providers for your services. If you have merely an Art Therapy certification you will not be able to bill the vast majority of insurance providers.





Art therapy has some uses, but using solely art therapy is not a good idea. You need to be able to integrate theory, interventions etc into the therapeutic milieu in order to affect change.





So, in sort. Get a degree as a Counseling psychologist or some related field (social work etc) and then acquire the Art therapy certificate and integrate it that way.





I wish you the best of luck though.


No comments:

Post a Comment