Friday, November 13, 2009

Art School (Graphic Design)- Does Accreditation Matter?

I am changing careers from Higher Ed Admin to Graphic Design. My BA and MA are from a State University with Regional Accreditation. I am currently deciding which Art School to attend and I'm confused by all the different accrediting bodies. Some of the schools are regionally accredited, but those are mostly state schools with Graphic Design degrees within an Art Department, and I really would rather go through an Art/Design School. Some of the Art Schools I've looked at are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independant Colleges and Schools (ACICS), and some of them are accredited by National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), and then some are accredited by both. I have noticed that some job postings say "Accredited BFA in Graphic Design" but I'm not sure what is considered accredited?? Please help. :)

Art School (Graphic Design)- Does Accreditation Matter?
Accreditation ALWAYS matters!!! Especially if you ever want to get your MBA or take classes elsewhere, accreditation will help you do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment