Thursday, November 19, 2009

How is art done on the computer?

Okay, this isn't as stupid as it sounds, but I know there's some software out there that lets you do art on the computer. I guess an example of art would be some cartoon pic. on DeviantArt website. How can I do art like that? How can I make my art look more...professional? Below is an example of what I'm talking about (in case you're confused):





http://jackademus.deviantart.com/art/Jok...





so...how can I make my art (the colors...the technique) make it more like the example link? Is there a software that lets me do that?

How is art done on the computer?
Like Eduardo said that was probably done in Photoshop. The drawing is done by hand and then scanned. The lines are put on a layer by themselves and the colours are added to the layers below.





You can also use Illustrator. Here is a link to a site that uses this for illustrations. The technique is the same.





http://nuffinccaricatures.blogspot.com/





There is also one post showing a work as it progresses which might give you some understanding of the process.





But what you need to do really is learn then practice lots.
Reply:you can use photoshop. by using an existing drawing you made, you have to scan it and then color it in and add effects like shadows and such, but it is kinda dificult if you are a newbie, you need some degree of skills to pull something offf like the picture in the link. these guys have been doing these kinds of drawings for some time.


No comments:

Post a Comment